Honey & Mustard Chicken with a jacket potato and a side of veg
Quick weekday meals can be difficult, especially after a busy weekend. Whether it is a meal for one, or a meal for a family, having to come up with a fast weekday recipe can be exhausting. Whats worse is opening up your cupboard and fridge to find very little in it that you can use. We have created a quick dish which can be used with all the staples you have ready in your fridge. This quick weekday recipe is the perfect recipe for children and adults alike.
Our Honey & Mustard Chicken is nutritious, filling, and quick to make, and can easily be made by a skilful chef or an amateur cook. We recommend you make this chicken with a jacket potato and a side of boiled vegetables. You can, however, slice the chicken and have it as a pasta or alternatively you can have it as a sauce with rice. The choice is yours!
Try out this quick child friendly recipe and watch the little ones come back for more!
4 Chicken breasts
2 pints water
250ml white wine
4 chopped garlic cloves
4 tbsp honey
3 tbsp English mustard
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp ground white pepper
5 tbsp cornflour
200 ml double cream
- Place all the ingredients, apart from the chicken, cornflour and double cream into a pan
- Once it starts to boil reduce the temperature so it simmers and add the chicken breasts.
- Leave the chicken breasts for 25 minutes to poach
- After 25 minutes remove the chicken breasts and keep warm
- In a small pan, add the corn flour to a small amount of water to turn it into a thin paste and heat until boiling. Make sure you whisk all the time until it has thickened
- Add the double cream to the sauce and then slowly add the cornflour mixture until you get a thick consistency you desire
- Add the chicken back to the sauce and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes (until you are sure the chicken is cooked through)
- Serve immediately with a jacket potato and some boiled veg.